Tuesday, July 30, 2024

ODE TO PERSNICKETY

 

ODE TO PERSNICKETY

Some people have high ambition

To take a one way trip to Mars

To play at Carnegie Hall at three

As for me

I dream I dream I dream

Of putting the word persnickety into a poem

Together with perhaps persimmons, preserves

The princess consumed at the Palace pantry,

unobserved; or perhaps

were pondered plum wonderfully:

Particularities of providential paradigms

Which the voice typing feature on your laptop

Will hear as pair of dimes

As in you don't have a pair of dimes to rub together

But penury is not mine

As I persistently will find

That word persnickety, perpendicular to the roof of the world

I imagine it so unfurled

Im planting a pink peony  flag on its puffy little planet

Right now.

mary angela douglas 30 july 2024

No comments: