Monday, July 29, 2024

PICTURE FALLEN OUT FROM YOUR GILDED FRAME


PICTURE FALLEN OUT FOM YOUR GILDED FRAME

Picture fallen out from your gilded frame

Shall I become the Winesap day

Of the far flung dimensions

Picking you up from the kitchen floor

Where you have become most real

Oh let us go outdoors

Under the turquoise bowl of the sky

I feel it may be true

Where the visionary Princess looks out for you and

From these clouds has dropped her handkerchief of snow

And bounced

The oranges back to their groves from the still life oh

Remembering an orange blossom childhood

Where there is frostbite and where it glows

When they come with torches to save you

Still life lovely from a Renaissance day

Shall we have a renaissance too

You and I in our mutual displacements

I wander and I wonder with you

Till the stars come out like flecks of milk

On a baby’s chin

And I say

Let us begin again

And eat the sun like a lollipop

Forever renewed in the sugar cane wind.

mary angela douglas 29 july 2024

 


No comments: