Sunday, August 04, 2024

AT SOME SLOWED DREAM SPEED

 

AT SOME SLOWED DREAM SPEED

Freeze frame and then

At some slowed dream speed reveal

Most delicately rifling the violet pages of an infinite book

The intricate ballet conveyed by our least motion, broken down

From its jeweled composite

So I long my words in the green shade of their

mystified meanings puzzle bright

To shed secret starlight and then grow wings among the apple trees

Crayoned in the quiet nook

Or burst into a bouquet of birds in the hedges singing;

The nocturne awaits, the colours of darkening blue intensify

The end, the beginning of all things cherished

That fled upon some slight quaking mountain or

The burnt sienna hills in myriad autumnals

Where I had lived my God my God until and

Where You are so peacock splendid transfiguring,

Rushing in no disaster but sparkling,

Still and arrayed.

mary angela douglas 5 august 2024

 


No comments: