Wednesday, August 28, 2024

I DREAM OF STARLINGS ULTIMATE VERSION

 I DREAM OF STARLINGS ULTIMATE VERSION

 I DREAM OF STARLINGS FINAL VERSION

I dream of starlings

Never having seen them

pictured or at some summer lake,

 musical notation taken down

but here in my cream coloured room and reading

I imagine them blue black, purple against

The skies I imagine as infinity’s turquoise

set in a silver sweet doom

In the passage of the book I have underlined

Momentarily.

Perhaps in real life as they call it

I could not recognize them

Perhaps they would lift off in a dark cloud

On the last day of the world and I 

And I not cognizant of their migration

Unable to call them back from a Méliès moon

But anyway I dreamed them

Perhaps the way I dreamed them

Is the way they wished to be

Who can say now that

rose tipped auroras from

Starpoint to starpoint are florescing

And incandescing

 for perhaps the last time

when we’ll swing out like meteors

from Heaven’s garden gate

flung back into the apple orchards of forever.

mary angela douglas 28 august 2024

 


No comments: