Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coming Down On The

coming down on the
side of the angels
is not as easy as it looks

in Christmas movies

when Your kingdom on

the tip of our tongue
dissolves like snow

or like something we
walked into a room to retrieve
and then forgot

I reach but I cannot touch

I feel but I cannot say
a splendor flaring up
momentarily-drowned out by idiocy

getting on the wrong bus

I look for you in vain
going past stops I can't recognize

I stand in the rain for hours

finding no Samaritans
either good

or bad-


mary angela douglas 19 february 2008

1 comment:

m. d. said...

Thanks so much. Mostly thanks for still reading! I kind of felt when I finished this poem that it said exactly what I wished it to say about that particular frame of mind. so thanks for the poetic validation!

God Bless.

Mary D.