Saturday, August 17, 2019

I Read Of A Book On The History Of Glass

I read of a book on the history of glass
in the National Museum of Ireland
and I thought on a cloud drifting day

with the rains not that far away in Carolina,
I thought, all that has passed
my thinking on the destiny of glass

and high Irish song.
yet still from the aeons where I belonged
a faint stirring rises like the wind

signaling a storm
the kind that clears the air for clear eyed speech
or shatters it all

and angels beseeching 
the beautiful, the faltering airs behold them fallen where

I could not reach 
and all was lost from each to each
in a thuderclap morning.

what matters now in the aftermirage
green island and fair where I never was yet wanted to be

I never went to the National Museum of Ireland.
but something in me seems a part of that
and I feel this is so, that this is in my aoul

you know, the wounds that have staying power
and become the sea.

mary angela douglas 17 august 2019


No comments: