Tuesday, September 03, 2019

I'd Rather Be Warm Than Trendy: A Cheerful Winter's Tale

I want a winter coat that sweeps the ground
no matter what they say to me in town
when they dart out in shirt sleeves

even though they're freezing;
endow me with their fasionista frowns.
well, it's alright.

I want a hat that covers up my ears so tight
though I will not be counted as your peer.
two hats, or three and I'll be filled with glee

and then I'll be a happier me
though you think I look so absurd
and then a scarf that winds around the moon, the earth,

or could, woolly, woolly
good good good  good good
I'll be warm as toast

confident in the Holy Ghost
with cherry mittens on and then some.
warm all day.

no matter what you say!
jingely jingle all the way.
as if Im in the month of May.

mary angela douglas 3 september 2019

No comments: