Sunday, December 29, 2019

I Had Been The Rose Tree

I had been the rose tree and the white rose too

the red rose white rose twined in the story

by all stories end



that will not end with me

in the rose red rose white music

that trills on



under the signet of the crystal Bear

rainbow shimmering in thin air

the very North Star.



the emblem of where you are, my soul

Orion bought with the price of tears

threaded through recriminating year


from the beginning

silver dipped out from the Great Dipper

with the young winds in my hair



the folkloric skirts

the tiny jackets

made for elves



and hand embroidered.

I could wear those well;I did.

with shoes dyed to matc



from the berries in the field.

this is a misreading you say

in your off green vest



your turned up shoes

dressed for Success



your restlessness, ill defined

your pruned back vines

you slithery so and so



dont you think I know



who are you nibbling the door down

on my acquarium's castle any time you just seahorse feel like it

grieving the flowery borders brocade



that you stage a fit at because it's mine

stamping it into bits

breaking the crystal of the stream.


into dollhouse mirrors

from dream to altered dream

puckering every seam

your name is envy.

thinking you're right on time.

with your poisoned rosy apples.

you are not wanted here.

you'll have to disappear.

I know I've made it clear.


mary angela douglas 29 december 2019

No comments: