Monday, December 30, 2019

Repaired

on a reef of ivory and of gold
a ship has foundered
and in its hold

transparent apples.
so I will scold the grey white feathered waves
o.

bring my ghost ship home.

on a day of silver and of brass
I cry without knowing
oh, alas

a ship has foundered
that I once knew
and what I thought were lies

are true
no mending basket
no household task

can mend what I
believed was past
according to the signs I knew

dear Lord can you
reverse it all
All Time I mean

I am too small
but through my spyglass I can see
my ghost ship still

by your decree
I hope to see it in the bay
on some forgiven spring bright day

and you and I will count the host
of all that I have loved the most
and all the treasure there.

bring to a crystalline repair.

mary angela douglas 30 december 2019

No comments: