Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Things My Weeping Eyes Have Seen

to you who keep us above the malignant waves

oh Lord be swift to save

we live in peril of our lives our souls crushed to the earth

by those who claim even now they live and die

for the birth of a new freedom

I have seen with my own eyes and heard the tones of voice

and felt the humiliation of the daily grind and I know what I have seen

and every despicable thing it means

is against the Heart that made the stars and you know where we are

you know the truth in every workplace, classroom, living space, back alley

oh God light the back corners of my country the little kicks under the table

of your Grace those who scorn the poor, the meek, the fallen on hard times

God Lord God remember who you are

and that we

are thine.

mary angela douglas 21 april 2021


CRYSTAL TOWERS PUBLIC HOUSING

FOR THE HANDICAPPED AND ELDERLY

WINSTON SALEM NC

No comments: