Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Working On A New Angle Not To Be Carried Away By The Mob

the dream of the applecart and the applecart upset

is herein reenacted so that you may forget the other versions

which also I made up in my head

when I was supposed to be sick in bed and home from school

neglecting all the rules of algebra

a long time ago or maybe I made that up too

the point is we used to be able to fabricate anything

just to make up another story and nobody thought

we were bad apples because we never ran around

shouting:Viva the Revolution until the dogs went crazy

all over the neighborhood.

so I will resort to writing this poem because I want to

keep the story alive, you know the one woven of

gold and silver threads too, perhaps a fringe of amethyst

by the Princess when she grew bored and not exactly lonely

but wishing for a different view from the tower after the clouds

dropped

by in all their particoloured splendidness.

mary angela douglas 20 april 2021


No comments: