Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Little Rococo With Your Cocoa


I take delight in the creamy fact that my poems from time to time

are a little rococo in their rhymes, their extensions at the ballet

barre

my ballerina poems in starry tutus with tons of tulle in all the

pastels

and sequined as well and spotlighted

in lavender lighting or rose or who knows what lemony spectrums

oh why not be fantastico what's wrong with a few gilded angels peering over

the balustrades. the porticoes with amethyst sunbrusts

I won't be in the parade of the minimal I deal in the joys of the subliminal

I want to be on a golden wire to speak with clouds is my desire

as if it were summer forever

as if no deluge had come on earth

and in the linen skies surprise it

was raining down emeralds, emeralds!

mary angela douglas 26 may 2021

No comments: