Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Holding Onto The Light

whatever it is that we are supposed to believe

in light of everything lovely falling apart

in this our life, for me it is the preserving jams

of Heaven I am counting on

the apricot, the clear pear green, the summer ripple

of air, the dreamy sheen of what  to wear

when carrying a bouquet of lavender

music on the page almost remembered except the

fingering the cool notes pouring out in fragments

of the latter day mind oh all human kind I wish

we could be happy here on earth

all the time with pink cakes in the afternoon soft

laughter toward evening

and if I could I would chase away all gloom as though it

were an invading army of geese easily scattered.over  the green...

I have offered you these semi precious stones

of the word won in small battles

holding onto the Light, even while disappearing

into it.

mary angela douglas 19 may 2021

No comments: