Tuesday, August 31, 2021

My Ladder Leans Against The Skies

one day there is this shifting of the winds

the edging of green around a scarlet leaf or burnt umber

my heart is burnt umber too perhaps you say to yourself

not knowing what you are saying yet knowing

am I growing farther away from earth already?

a small voice within you cries amid the restlessness of all winged

things

is that what this is?

and it's pale green appled the thing you most wanted 

to say but forgot.


my ladder's transparent against the intensification of the skies

I can see the burnt sienna edging on the clouds

or it feels as if in the emotional tone of the story ongoing

that the burning bush is everywhere you look now

though the message is still indecipherable.

mary angela douglas 1 september 2021


No comments: