Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Not Poetry Outloud;Something Else Instead

Poetry Outloud now is the catch phrase

not for me I dont like poetry raz mah taz

and raspberry fizz all over the place gee whiz

I like poetry in the golden rim of the simmering soup

in the soap bubbles in the sink glazing over with merrily, elongated 

rainbows

or the tickety tack of hail stones on the roof,the sweet roads back

or just inside the door after I close it how the trees seem to sigh

goodbye in the wind to me no longer outdoors and I think this is

poetry just breathing in

and out with the orchids, the meteors memorized the best I can

with no accolades no

show show boating cracker jack prize

shimmy sham flim flam custard, flan with a cherry if you're loud 

enough

loud enough loud enough to beat the band.

mary angela douglas 31 august 2021

No comments: