Friday, January 21, 2022

The Poem I Love Chime's Out Of Time

the poem I love chimes out of Time

impossible to be mistaken for something else

small brushstroke before the venerable mountain

in a silken wind, lifting toward Oz

or it is robin's egg blue,

The Wooden Shoe,

in the sheepfold skies

the child on the violet hill espies;

Giotto's last sigh.

my rose threaded everything 

of which I shall not be made

to feel ashamed by any Court on earth.

the conjugation of starriness, illusion justified

I shall love till I die.

a bright thimble in the Grandmother's basket

or life on Mars with a thunderstruck:  why,

it is the cloud's intention to snow

before anyone knows!

prescient music personified.

it is piecework done

a little unfinished but

with a marvelous unravel of gold.

it is being stranded without a ticket

and still, going Home.

mary angela douglas 21 january 2022

No comments: