Thursday, August 10, 2023

THE GREAT PUZZLE

 

why does it feel like they all disappeared

all those we knew for years and for years

where are we going

where have they gone

the ones so vivid

the ones so strong

the ones too frail

to carry on

why is the mystery

locked to us why

I asked the blue winter

I asked the pearl sky

I seek for them sometimes

and sometimes I cry

surely there must be

a key to it all

why won't God give to us

are we too small?

are there too many things

we just won't get

surely in this he would not forget

to tell us what happens

and when we will go

to find on the other bright side of the snows

the Spring that's eternal

the lasting rose.

He loves us to dream it

I guess and suppose.

so that in reunion

the joy so immense

will  melt earthly sorrows

specific laments

and solve earthly hints

like a rose windowed kaleidoscope

we were always turning ourselves.

mary angela douglas 10 august 2023

No comments: