Friday, October 20, 2023

IT WASN'T THE DOLLLIKE CERTAINTY OF THE BRIDE, THE BRIDE DOLL (FINAL VERSION)

 

it wasn't the doll like certainty of the bride, the bride doll

I sought from You, Lord.

but only to know the Father of the


Light inside and glide through tempests.

it wasn't a doll like certainty veiled, 

feted adorned with life-like flowers

for which I cried.

why would I when


You have given all the stars

without being asked.

and your flowering floats snowlike

from winter skies

and each springtide

petaled numberless and fragrant

beyond the heart's capacity

to abide..such beauty is.


it isn't the doll-like shine I missed

orange blossomed extravaganzas and

the mythical weddings guests 

how could I when.

only one gleam of your

Christmas


sustained me-

one sparkle that sent-

the Magi on their way


mary angela douglas 6 december 2013; 21 october 2023

No comments: