Monday, January 22, 2024

MINDING MY TABLE MANNERS, IN THIS CARROLLINIAN DREAM

 

MINDING MY TABLE MANNERS, IN THIS CARROLLINIAN DREAM

A supplication…

 

Minding my table manners, in this Carrollinian dream

I pour the tea quite nicely

But there isn’t any steam

I ask the Hatter for advice

But he’s too glum so that’s no dice

And pass the plum puffs please

But then he starts to sneeze

The Dormouse sleeps beneath his chair

And there are cake crumbs everywhere

Oh pardon me but I must leave

No one goes boating without a sieve

No one is crying except the maze

That turns Forever, turning a page

Turning a corner and trimming a rose

Here comes the Red Queen to depose

Everything I know is true.

You’re a riddle, I’m a rhyme

God. please get me out in time,

Mary angela douglas 22 january 2024

No comments: