Monday, January 22, 2024

YOU KNOW

 

YOU KNOW

for Professor Louis A. Markos

 

You know, how one work of art can make you think of another

And another in an endless chain of beauty

Unexpectedly triggered by even the smallest inconsequential

Seemingly,Thing

Or even the slamming of many doors

One after another , in a corridor which is common where I live

Reminds you, counter clockwise of their opening

In an alternate universe possibly and quite softly

As if they were made of snow

Or leaves you dazed in a maze

Thinking which one is yours

Do I even remember one old address

I ever lived at when I am magic carpet

Flying in dreams and someone asks me

The answer to so many questions

I have to say I do not know;I do not know

Despite my  faith

Despite my unshakeable faith

But this morning what some would call

Mere condensation on the grass

Made me stop and bow my head

Thinking of the poet Wordsworth.

Mary angela douglas 22 january 2024


No comments: