Wednesday, April 24, 2024

FOR ANTOINE SAINT EXUPERY FOREVER

 

FOR ANTOINE SAINT EXUPERY FOREVER

The visionary aviator author of such books as The Little Prince, Wind Sand and Stars, Correspondence in  a Time of War and etc.

==============================================

How would you care for your one rose 

With her defensive thorn if you disappeared

Water her from the heavens

With your tears

Where you seem to have escaped

Although they found your wreckage finally

Or thought they did

Of course, this explained nothing

How appropriate for you to vanish

Like a figment of the French imagination

Oh Prince Saint Exupery Little Prince

Dreams would have had to invent you

If God had not

God in his cloud chambers who wondered

What will happen to a poet aviator

In a time of war

Will he dream on ignoring the rubble

Sometimes in my dreams

I see him flying; I long to sing Cantique de Noel

The way my mother did

There is such a beatific look on his dear face.

Angels steering his aircraft home

mary angela douglas 24 april 2024


NOTE ON THE POEM: TRULY MYSTICAL THING HAPPENED AFTER I ADDED THE LINE ABOUT CANTIQUE DE NOEL after thinking I had finished the poem

I WAS FREE FLOATING ON YOUTUBE LETTING WHATEVER PLAYED, PLAY AND INSTANTLY CANTIQUE DU NOEL STARTED PLAYING, CAME UP RANDOMLY WITH TRULY  MYSTICAL TIMING…it was instanteous the way the music came up exactly right after I added the cantique de noel line

No comments: