Tuesday, April 23, 2024

I THINK OF CLOUDS AT 3 A.M.

 

I THINK OF CLOUDS AT 3 A.M.

I think of clouds at 3 a.m.

And wonder what became of them

Rose bright  and gilded by the sun

Now they by moonlight dream upon

The beauty of their former days

And wistful turn the other way

To show their faded side in still,

Dark shadows on the darker hills

I think of clouds and wonder why

They comfort me

As if nearby

Though looking out I cannot see

And yet I feel them, driftingly

Then think I of the living God

Who reigns and lives

some say above

But I think more consolingly

Like clouds He’s likely

still with me

though I cant prove it visibly who made all beauty

out of Love

Who made the clouds rose gilded when

In daylight they like flowers bloomed

blazing in late afternoon.

mary angela douglas 23 april 2024


No comments: