Thursday, April 18, 2024

WHERE LOCUSTS HAVE MARRED THE STARS

 

WHERE LOCUSTS HAVE MARRED THE STARS


Where locusts have marred the stars

Lord do not let go my hand

Where the clouds mass

And leave no colour lasting in the mind

And we feel our way just like the blind

And snow ourselves in

Where numbness sets in

And echo location find how things dissolve sometimes

As though they had never been

Or of the wind we phasing dream we are a thousand moons

look down upon me floating there

near the rivers of despair 

where small twigs  tremble through the eclipse

and Tearfully recall the birds

You be my songbird then oh God

in this implausible ballet

I wildly improvise from day to day

The white gold singing while the deserts

Strand me. comfort me with invisible apples

glazed upon a crystal tree

oh God remember me and kern

a space to quarter turn.

away away from this minor key.

that I may learn Thy love of me.

mary angela douglas 18 april 2024


No comments: